Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Decision

Here come the pros dancing with a bated breath,
Hearing the footsteps of a distant yes,
I feel their positive vibes enchanting me,
waiting for approval to hug me.

Aha! I have been bequeathed the power to decide,
Sagacity thus obtained is a welcome accomplice.
I let the conceited crown adorn me
and the moment to overwhelm me.

Saying Caution!! Pragmatism seizes serenity,
It warns: “a danger is lurking”,
Inkling of a con is disturbing,
The vicious shadow is again troubling.

In the battle of supremacy,
I let go the wisdom acquired.
Leaving pro to decide,
If con is better or should he suicide.

In the Pyrrhic victory
Has the motion died?
Would doing rather thinking be safer?
Letting history, success or failures recite

Has a coward emerged victorious?
Or the jerk prisoned?
Has a meticulous soldier triumphed?
Or the-one-who-just-does-it is ostracized

Am I wise to believe my premonition?
Or am I brave to act and face the consequential action?
Should I have patience and introspect?
Or should I believe my instincts and look in retrospect?

I think, I fail, I am dumb
I think, I succeed, I could have just done it,
I do, I fail, I could have thought over it
I do, I succeed, this is the best I can

Do I decide to take a decision, and then decide how well I decided?
Or do I take a decision, and then decide how well the decision was?

No comments: